Saturday 3 April 2010

Introductions

Saturday 3rd April 2010

Where to start? Well, introductions I suppose. For the purposes of this blog, my name is StarGirl. I am 21 years old and live in an average part of an average city in England. I want to write a blog about life as an average twenty-something. The twenties are a conflicting time in a person’s life, wanting to stay young and have fun, but also wanting to create solid foundations for the rest of your life. It is these conflicts that make all aspects of your life, well, hard!! It affects your relationships, your family life, your jobs, your living situations, your friends, your happiness. Everyone, male or female, goes through this and it is for this reason that I have decided to blog my twenties. I want you to know that other people are going through exactly the same as you, and, in a way, I want this blog to help you. And maybe, you could help me to?

This is probably a good time to let you in on my life. Get you up to speed with my current situations, and the trouble I am having with some of them (which I’m sure most of you can relate to).

Past

I have had a pretty normal life really. Grown up in the same city (which I will call City in this blog), living with my mum, dad, sister and brother. I am the eldest. Got average grades in school and college and went on to uni and left with a 2:1 in Psychology.

I am very close to my family. We have a very open relationship and I can talk to them about anything, and do! If ever I have a problem, I go to my family. I know that not everyone is lucky enough to have this relationship with their family, and may not have anyone to get advice from, maybe this blog will help?

I met my boyfriend when I was 16 years old, let’s call him Starboy. We kissed on our second date, and said ‘I love you’ after a week, in the back of his friends car at a McDonalds drive through (romantic I know!), and had sex after a month of being together. Again, we are very open and honest with each other, and I intend to keep this openness throughout this blog.

Present

I live with Starboy in an average bungalow, which we rent in City. We moved in together a year ago in a shared house, but moved in on our own two months ago. It is better than I ever could have imagined. We also have a kitten, and he is gorgeous!! We have just opened a joint bank account together, which is such a huge step in any relationship. It just felt right at the time, we pay the same amount in each month for rent and food and anything we need that we want to go halves on. It has completely eradicated some conflicts that we used to have about paying for things, so was defiantly a step in the right direction.

I talk to my parents every day on the phone and see them most weekends. My family and Starboy are my best friends and the people I feel I can be completely myself around, which is something I find quite difficult to do.

I work in a reception class as a teacher assistant and absolutely love every single one of the children in my class. I can’t imagine there being a better job in the world than working with children. It is my destiny.

Future

I want to marry Starboy and have four children with him. I know this sounds very planned, but I am just being honest and myself. I love imagining what our future will be like together, and he knows this and discusses it openly with me. At the moment he says that it’s not quite the right time for us to be married, and I think he waiting until he gets his career sorted (He wants to be a policeman). Relationships are always going to be tricky, no matter how in love the couple are. Yet the difficulties are often had by every couple, so please, let’s learn from each other’s mistakes!

I want to own my own house, and this will be one of the main themes of this blog. Being young and getting on the property ladder is extremely hard at the moment, so any advice and experience that we can share would probably be gratefully received by all.

I want to be a teacher. This is all I’ve ever wanted to do, receiving a black chalkboard being mounted to my bedroom wall for my sixth birthday! I have an interview for a teacher training course in May and will defiantly be letting you know how that goes.

So there we go. That’s me and the difficulties that I am facing at the moment, in my 22nd year. Trying to keep a successful relationship going, get on the property ladder and start training for my career. Already I can see its going to be a tough year. Of course, there are other things going on in my life, in all our lives, and as I said, I really want this blog to help other average twenty-somethings, so please comment on future blogs, or email if you want to talk about anything not mentioned in the blog.

This past week has been a bit tough, and it’s really what has inspired me to write this. I’m sure I’m not the only one finding it hard to fit in with life, so have come to the internet to find some like minded people. Tomorrow I’ll post about this past week’s issues – Seeing a mortgage advisor and having a tough night out with the girls.

I hope this has given you a little insight into my life, and I hope you come back and read again.

Stargirl

No comments:

Post a Comment