Saturday 17 April 2010

The Mooncup


Saturday 17th April 2010

The Mooncup

As I was casually browsing a money saving forum I came across an item called the Mooncup. I would liken this product to a femidom. The Mooncup is a reusable menstrual cup, around two inches long and made from soft medical grade silicone. You only need one, as you take the cup out and rinse it every 4-8 hours.


This product has intrigued me as I find myself battling with my period every month. I dislike tampons as I feel blocked and can feel it all the time. I dislike sanitary towels because of the hygiene involved, although I’ve found using baby wipes has helped. :-)


I may give this product a go because it is more hygienic than sanitary towels and you only need to buy one. It’s also friendlier to your body (relating to my previous organic post) - I have also read on this money saving forum that sanitary towels contain all sorts of toxins and bleach.


The cup is only £20! I think I’ll give it a go and get back to you! Let me know if you have had any experience with this product?


Also, just to give some context to this post and the previous post about going organic, I just wanted to explain that my quest for organic products is also about saving money. Research on the internet and in a couple of books I have bought have led me to a term called old style money saving. Old style money saving is about going green to save money. I will be doing some more research and blog posts about this in the future, looking into the three things I mentioned in the previous blog – food, cleaning products and cosmetic products.


Watering my potatoes today, I fear I may have planted them upside down, there is a definite root looking object poking out of the soil :-/.

Going from menstrual cups to watering potatoes, how did that happen?

stargirl

2 comments:

  1. I've been on the shot for over a year and the thing I love the most about it is I haven't had my period since I started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. that sounds good. How often do u have it?
    Stargirl

    ReplyDelete