Monday 12 April 2010

Polite Drugs

Monday 12th April 2010

Polite drugs


Even though some drugs are illegal, it's a well known fact that people still take them. Growing up has led me to realise that it isn't a certain 'type' of person that takes drugs, it could be anyone! And the reasons why people do it vary even more than the kind of person - pain relief, addiction, peer pressure, just to try it once, for some fun, etc. I have grown up around cannabis, with various family members and friends smoking it, but personally I have never tried it. I do not take drugs for personal reasons: I worry what they might do to my body, I am scared of being caught and I am scared of what my behavior would be like. Although I don't take them I do not preach about other people taking them, as long as they don't do it right in my face. I think that's fair enough. Its polite. If you know someone doesn't do it, don't rub it in their face that your doing it!

The reason I am writing this is because last week I had all the girls ( my girls consist of mainly my cousins who are my age and my best friends) over. We had wine and snacks and played a bit on the Wii before heading to town. Half way through the night, still at mine, my auntie turned up with two people I didn't know. They were completely stoned out of their heads! They stood outside my house, knowing that Starboy wants to be a PCSO and that I want to be a teacher, and smoked even more spliffs. This is just plain rude!!! You know I don't take drugs, infact, you know I don't smoke at all. You know I don't know the people you are with. And you know that Starboy's career may be on the line if you got caught. Do not turn up at my house with strangers, stoned, and then get more stoned.

I suppose the reason for this blog is to point out that I am not a preacher. I do not care if you do drugs in your own time or even whilst I'm with you. Just be polite about it! It's common curtesy.

Let me know if you have any thoughts about this,
Stargirl

No comments:

Post a Comment