Thursday 22 April 2010

Updates

22nd April 2010

updates

Today, I just thought I would update you on a few of the issues that I have brought up in my blogs so far.

Starboy passed the security vetting for his PCSO job and has a medical on friday 20th April - next week. If he passes the medical then he will be offered the job. This is the last stage, I am so excited!!! Getting this job will change his (and mine) life completely. It's such a huge step. I will let you know how it goes.

On tuesday night I started the next term of my yoga classes. It was really good to see the instructor again, she is so kind and gentle. Because it was the beginning of a new term, you have to sign up again so new people may start. One new person started and she was really negative. She complained about past lessons, past instructors, her flexibility, everything! Yoga is such a positive, energizing movement. She put a downer on the whole class, and Im sure that Im not the only one that thought so. I will look forward to next week and am about to do a home practice. I love yoga and feel so positive and happy after practicing. I cant wait to see how flexible and strong my body and mind will become.

Since the organic post, I have been searching in all my local chemists and supermarkets for organic cosmetics. I have found a few different brands of organic cosmetics. They look, smell and feel really nice and I think that they would be just as good as the non-organic items. However, when I looked at the ingredients lists it still seemed to contain many 'chemicals'. To me an organic product should just have the plant (etc) that the product is derived from in it. Research on the internet and television has shown me that you can make cosmetics from your own back garden, you dont need the chemicals. I will carry on with my search for cosmetics and have brought some lemon essential oils in preparation for making my own surface cleaner.

I tried the mooncup for the first time this week. It wasn't as tricky to insert as I would have expected and sat very comfortably inside. I had a problem with the stem and with removing the cup. Obviously when you put the cup in it is folded, and therefore small, but when you pull it out it is full size! Was a bit uncomfortable to say the least. Saying that, I am staying positive and will try it again next month. Apparently there is a knack to it and it takes practice.

I am going to create a little schedule for myself to make sure that I am fitting in each of my five wells. I also need to begin preparing for my teacher training interview which is in 3 weeks time, so I will try and add that into the schedule as well. I will post the schedule on here if I can, to give you some inspiration.

Try and have a look at my blog interview if you can, I would really appreciate it: http://bloginterviewer.com/books/diary-of-an-average-twenty-something-hayley-smith

Take care everyone
stargirl

No comments:

Post a Comment